- A.B., Physics,UCSD Revelle College (1974)
- M.A., Physics, UC Berkeley (1976)
- Ph.D., Physics, UC Berkeley (1982)
- Engineering Aide, Nielsen Engineering and Research (1971-1974)
- Graduate Student Research Assistant at UC Berkeley (1976-1982)
- Research Specialist at UC Irvine (1982-1983)
- Staff Engineer and Member of the Technical Staff at Applied Materials,
- Senior Research Physicist at SRI International (since 1986)
- Member, American Physical Society, IEEE Nuclear and Plasma Society
Stalder Technologies and Research (STAR) is a small
business providing scientific and engineering services to corporate and government
clients. STAR was founded by Kenneth R. Stalder, Ph.D., who for the
last 25 years has conducted scientific investigations spanning a wide variety
of technologies. This work has been conducted in high technology industries
as well as government, educational, and nonprofit laboratories. Our
goal is to help clients solve difficult technical problems using a variety
of disciplines, concentrating on physics and chemistry combined with related
engineering disciplines such as electrical and mechanical engineering.
STAR is headed by Dr. Stalder, and draws on other recognized leaders
in their fields who are brought in as needs of particular projects are defined.
Our team consists of experts in physics and chemistry who focus on semiconductor
processing, plasma science, optics, aerodynamics, and related technologies.
Our small business structure allows us to respond quickly to your needs.
We are able to provide worldwide coverage and can conduct work at your site
or at ours.
Much of our work is interdisciplinary and, depending
on client needs, can be analytical, experimental, computational, or educational.
Consulting and prototype development is also available. STAR maintains
a library of technical reports, publications, software and other resources.
In addition, we have access to libraries at all UC campuses and internet-based
information products. Work products are defined at the beginning of
a project and may include technical reports, software, documentation, consulting